вторник, 26 июля 2011 г.

Kid's Playhouse and Slide

Kid's Playhouse and Slide
About This Project

I tracked every penny, because I was curious of the total cost. While I did not go crazy, I am sure I could have trimmed a little here and there (e.g., cheaper paint, maybe cheaper roofing materials, and the posts for the railing were pre-cut because I was tired and lazy at the end). However, I don't think I could have trimmed too much. I ended up buying 6 or 7 individual pounds of screws at different times and, in hindsight, could have saved some by buying a 5 lb. box. Not knowing what I was doing, I didn't want to overbuy. My costs include every nail, glue, and piece of lumber. I had a couple pieces of wood left over, so that would have saved $10-15. I don't know how lumber prices in Alabama now compare to what was paid when these plans were made.


The playhouse, minus the roof, but including paint and primer, totaled $275.39 (and $93.20 of that was paint and primer).


The roof wood and shingles totaled $117.83. I used a staple gun to attach the shingles and had the staples already.


The deck and railing totaled $466.65, including the slide and rock wall. I used preasure-treated wood for all the deck and railing. I used 2x4s for the top of the deck. The slide was $97.17 and the pegs for the rock wall were $58.26 (the wood for the rock wall was $21.47). The rock wall was not in the original plans.


I hope this helps. If I can help you with any more information, I share what I know.




The playhouse could be taken apart pretty easily. I build each wall in the garage and carried it around to the backyard. You might want to refrain from shingling the roof and then just unscrewing it and unscrewing the walls from each other to move the house. The platform/deck, on the other hand, is not going anywhere (it is also very heavy as it sits). It could be unscrewed and taken apart, but unscrewing the 2x4s and moving them would be exhausting... but could be done.



Original article and pictures take www.ana-white.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий